It's tough to argue with 9,000 ft ski descent followed by a 3,000ft mountain bike descent even if it requires not sleeping, driving 8 hours, and listening to 2 audiobooks. Here's the vid of the successful day, which involved:
- midnight - woke up (got a good 2 hours)
- 1 am - packed, ate, took off from Oakland.
- 5:30 am - started hiking from Bunny Flat
- 11:30 am - summit, then skied down Wintun glacier
- 1:30 pm - back up to the summit, skied down Whitney Glacier -> West Face
- 3 pm - back at the car
- 3:30 pm - found a guy to drive the car down, and started biking
- 4:45 pm - back at the car
- 9 pm - back home
|Angel Wings... skied that last year. B & Scott went and hit it a few days after I took this pic.|
|This hit the SPOT...|
|back in the bay for sunset.|
Also, I added a "page" to my blog about doing Shasta. So you should see that on the blog now.