Share your Adventures with SpotAdventures
Had another spectacular week:
- Monday - Went kite boarding at Crissy Field with Andrew, then kicked the ball around with Kevin & Moses at Oakland Tech.
- Tuesday - Went on a long barefoot run through Sausal Creek, J. Miller and Redwood Park.
- Wednesday - Took out Willie with Moses on a spectacular night paddle from Oakland's Middle Harbor Park (with the only beach in Oakland).
- Thursday - Played soccer with Kevin, his bro, Mizell, & Moses. Watched Pelada at the Temescal St. Cinema... then drove up to Shasta. Left Oakland right at midnight.
- Friday - Arrived at 4:30 (there was construction near the Vallejo bridge which delayed at least 30 min.) Slept for 15 min? Left at 5:15 am. Dodged flying ice chunks from 7 - 10 am. Summitted at 11:30 am. Skied down! Yeah baby... 5000 ft of awesome corn. Should've done 2 laps. Picked up groceries, ate a double whopper, got down to Woodson Bridge State park. Met up with Kimbo, Moses & Kate. Played cups, drank a bit, grilled up some meat. I passed out around 10:30 pm.
OK, if you want to do Shasta with the odds on your side... do it:
summit pano... looking at the trinity alps, to lassen, and glimpses of the oregon cascades.
More pics here.