For the majority of the last few Thanxgiving holidays, I have made a point to get outside and visit a hut for the long weekend following the American tradition of eating waaaaaaay too much turkey, gravy, and mashed potatoes. Eating leftovers with your friends in the mountain air... now I'm hungry.
James, Courtney, Kimbo, Kai, & I walking back from Robb's Peak Hut with the west side of the Crystal Range behind us.
Here are the history of our visits:
- 2004 - Ludlow Hut (Matty, Don, Rebecca, Mingie)
- 2005 - Bradley Hut (Don, Rebecca, Mingie)
- 2006 - Peter Grubb Hut with Don, Rebecca, Erin, Susie, Funk, Katarina, Aleitha, Messy
- 2007 - Peter Grubb Hut with Marian, Kevin, Erich, Mary Lynn, Julie, Kimbo, and a bunch of doggies (Oscar, Bugsy, Jerry, and Mingus)
- 2008 - Peter Grubb Hut with Sara, Rob, Jiselle, Julie, Kate, Win, Alex, Ann, Kimbo, Messy, Funk, Alexis, Mi-suk, and I... and Mingus, Nickel, Sushot?, and Jerry
- 2009 - In Lao - ate a pig with Jasper & Funk on that town on the river.
- 2010 - No Hut... Went up to Squaw with Toro for the day.
- 2011 - Robb's Hut with Kai, James & Courtney
2008 - our biggest crew ever? In the middle of multiple bottles of whiskey, wine, etc... there are games being played... an integral part of any hut trip.
Here's the gallery...
Classic moments in Hut trip history:
2007 - Peter Grubb with Disco Jerry running around.
2007 - Oscar...
Mingie showing his trust in the ice...
One of my favorite pics of Mingie... from 2006
Lot's of icicle from our second year - 2005
A pic from the first year... at Ludlow. With scenery like this, it's hard NOT to go back every year.
2008 - Funk playing nails with a slightly bigger hammer...
We've caught some amazing sunsets over the years at these huts...