Yup. We did it. Rode 250 miles in 20 hours. The longest ride I've completed. Don't really know what else to say... other than my butt hurt for the last 50 miles or so. And it was a long day.
Also... this is why my SLAY posts have been taking a long time...
- The chowder at the Bodega General Store, and the sushi at the Safeway in Petaluma...
- Seeing skydivers falling out of the sky in Cloverdale
- Awesome wildflowers: fields of California Poppies, Lupines, Vetch, Chinese Houses, and tons of others that blurred by.
- The tailwind from Hopland down to Petaluma
- Riding in zen just following our headlamps on our way home...
- Hearing Sigman complaining about how far we've gone... the best reaction was when I brought up that we had already done 150 miles and "only" had a 100 to go. He wasn't so sure about the "only" part....
- Brown Rice balls were clutch
- Don't eat too much at the first stop... Joy Rd. comes next...
- Coconut water... mmmmm
- Bring clothes... it got really cold.
- Extra lights are nice?
I give this a fun rating of 1.5... two days after the ride. Type two events are few and far between these days.
Strava Link: http://www.strava.com/activities/51592782
|The 6 am start...|
|The first control at the Bodega country store... mmm soup.|
|lots of country scenes...|
|sweet ride, right there...|
|skydivers in Cloverdale|
|Shadow getting longer...|
|and much longer now...|
|bye bye sun...|
|until we have no shadow...|
|a beautiful calm, clear night|
|the sushi at Safeway|
|not quite 250? Well this thing must be broken.|
|my gear for the ride...|
Here's what we did in 3 min http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5707007/bleeding-scrotum-1200k