Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Another surfski commute...


This time, I felt a lot better on my surfski.  Maybe I'm improving, maybe the conditions were better... who knows?  It sure gave me a bit more confidence, and I'm hoping that I'll start to see improvement slowly, but steadily...

Also, knowing that remounting is so easy, and the water actually is quite tolerable helped me with my confidence.  I can't wait to get back on the surfski with the wind on my back again...

I think reading articles and watching videos like this one: https://vimeo.com/84523848 gave me a sense of what to do.  There is a TON of technique in surfski-ing... and being able to "read" the water is something that comes with practice.  On the way home, I was quite tired, but I still managed to average 5.2 mph during the windiest section.

After that I slowed down as I was getting really tired, but I felt quite comfortable on the surfski, a lot more stable than last time, which let me focus on paddling.




other links
http://kayakcoaching.com.au/media/TMSM_Article_-_Downwind.pdf



No comments:

Post a Comment