Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Ride Report: SFR Pt. Reyes Populaire...


The storm of the century came to town... and I wasn't skiing... so I went ahead and signed up for the Pt. Reyes Populaire.  Which was a nice tune up to see how my rain gear did.  The storm really didn't materialize as predicted, but we did get some rain and some wind.  Just nothing to brag about.  I somehow ended up riding with the lead group, which was lead by Max P... who is really fast.  So I was sucking wheels for as long as I could until we'd get dropped on every hill.  Fun ride!  I'd do it again in a heart beat.  

Check out the NWS graphics below for what folks were panicking about...


My rain riding set up.  I need some mudguards like Roys.... next time.  


The Showers Pass jacket worked nicely... the rain pants were a bit overkill.  I took them off at Pt. Reyes Station and rode in my shorts on the way back.  


No comments:

Post a Comment