Monday, December 11, 2017

Ride Report: to Sutter Creek with Sigman


Fun ride with Sigman.  But these roads aren't very bike friendly.  It's good to start out early and ride in those hours when most folks are still sleeping.  


This cold ride started out with a bang, as I went over a pothole and both tires went flat on the way to Sigman's.  I walked to the Safeway near by, but I couldn't get my fingers warm enough to fix em.  The tires were low in air, and I was planning to pump them up at Sigmans... alas... lesson learned.  
31 deg!
There are river otters in the Contra Costa Canal!  City Wildlife!

Stopped for a quick brekky... 
Ready to hit the bridge... 




We parted ways at Walnut Grove as Sigman was on his way to Sacramento and I was on my way to Sutter Creek.  Here's a pic of the only other cyclist we saw this day.  


I came out on this alley in Sutter Creek... and 50 ft away were Nikko with Mama Margie!

Fossils!

I left at 4 am.  At 5:30 am... I got all kinds of texts from Kimbo.  
Turns out a moving truck hit a telephone pole and knocked it over.  The transformer blew up while smashing a car and blackout ensued... 


The car... is still here a month+ later... 



No comments:

Post a Comment