Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shasta blows!

HARD...

I decided to head up Shasta on Sat.  So late Saturday night, I packed up, and started driving.  Took a nap at around 4 am at a rest stop, and got to the trailhead around 7 am... calm... but plenty of cloud cover.  At that point I didn't think I would make it.  But after this much investment, I've gotta go test the waters.  Made it to the top of the red banks... just shy of 13,000 ft?  And the winds were insane.  When I got an ice shard stuck in my lower lip, I decided to turn around.  Basically skated down the mountain spitting blood every few turns.  Made it back down in 30 min... took another lap on the lower section (where the snow was softer), and at the top my boot broke... (now in permanent walk mode...) Ayyyeeee... 'twas not to be...

Anyway, here are two time-lapse shots from my trip...


No comments:

Post a Comment