Friday, August 2, 2013

Yosemite!!!!


Another weekend adventure starting off with a long bike ride into unchartered territory (... I mean with my bike anyway...)  This time I wanted to ride through Bollinger canyon... which I thought I saw someone do on strava recently... but I certainly didn't make it.  After hopping a fence and passing numerous no trespassing signs, a man on horseback finally caught up to me to tell me that I was trespassing... the ride was quite flat after that, but it was really quite meditative.  Listening to my new favorite podcast Snap Judgement... I rode through the heat past fields of almonds, pumpkins, cows, wildflowers... past a RC airport, dirt tracks, several paintball courses, over Altamont Pass, thorugh Manteca and into Oakdale... where I saw some folks kayaking below.  Sounds like a fun canoe run. http://cacreeks.com/stan-oak.htm  Next time?  

After a burrito stop in Manteca, I met up with Kim and Kai in Oakdale at a shopping center with a thrift store and an awesome new Vietnamese restaurant.  And after another hour + of driving we were in the valley, in upper pines, site 130!

it was HOT!  at 7 pm it felt like it was in the high 80s...
Going for a stroll after dinner
and testing out the new flash for my NEX!!!
We went to bed a bit early... but Dylan and Kat rolled in around 2 am.  We weren't gonna stay up for them... 
Kai, ready to drive up to Glacier Point...
We stopped at Tunnel View on the way.
wee

On our way to Taft Point to eat lunch...
Taft Point!



alpine lilies, monkshood, with some mountain violet?
After lunch, we hiked back to the car, and Kimbo dropped Dylan, Kat & I off at Glacier Point.
to hike down the valley
Illilouette Falls...
two miles in, and this guy was overheating, got blisters, and was dying... 
Liberty cap with nevada fall... site of many deaths.  Tourons... stop swimming in Emerald Pools!

our route above
Got back, and found these two splashing around in the merced

when we got back, Kai's friend Kenji had arrived ready to zoom around the campground with their trucks...
We decided to go on a short ride around the park... Kimbo is blocking Kai in this pic...
This is basically what these kiddos did all weekend...





Tunnel hug!
After an awesome dinner of steaks & sausages by Dylan & Kat, we all called it a night.  The next morning these kiddos were still playing with their cars...
brekky!
Don't know who is driving...
Hi Kiddos...
After breakfast, we did another bike ride around the valley.  Kimbo, Kai & I on the tandem. Dylan on his bike, and Kat on my road bike.  We went up to Mirror Lake... then we stopped at Sentinel Bridge for a dip and cruised back to get back on the road.




No comments:

Post a Comment