Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Ride Report: Mt Tam -> HSBG -> Work (Oct 5, 2014)

Summit pano
Mt Tam is my favorite peak in the Bay Area.  By far.  It's got everything... amazing trails for hiking, running, mountain biking (also the birth place of modern mtn biking), road biking, unicycling, etc... There are awesome places to stay (Pantoll, Alice Eastwood, West Point Inn, Steep Ravine, etc...), it's surrounded by awesomeness on all sides (the ocean, the golden gate bridge, muir woods, alpine dam), and turns out there's a bunch of history as well.  Check out the 20 min video below when you get a chance, and you'll want to keep on returning to this amazing peak.  This is the only place I really miss about biking from SF.  There was a period when I used to ride up Mt Tam before work at least once a week... and those were the best days of the week.  Yes... I miss that.  Not that I've got much to complain about with the amazing riding available in the east bay.  


the bay bridge... surprisingly beautiful, ain't she? 
the city... slowly waking up...
Alcatraz, and Oakland... looking back at where I came from...
and where I'm headed
on my way up Old Railroad...
summit shot!
not a bad way to wake up...
Hardly Strictly!!! Woot Woot!  Caught the first band, then went to work...


No comments:

Post a Comment