Friday, January 22, 2016

Ride Report: Uvas Canyon 200k





This was a tough 200k for me.  I hadn't ridden for a while, and we were off to a late start so we were hurrying to catch up to the pack.  I think my main mistake was not fueling the first 30 miles or so... then I started cramping, feeling dehydrated and out of gas.  I felt a lot better after our first control at the Safeway... but at the point we had slowed waay down and were going pretty leisurely.  Pics from Sigman.

at the Safeway... thankfully fueling up.
admiring the fixie... it was fun riding with him and watching his technique... he had some crazy gearing... like 46x14 or something like that... 
Sigman acting exhausted to sympathize...
happy to be finished...


Here's the track... most of the riding wasn't that interesting, IMO.  Gilroy was awful.

This is cool for you fellow data nerds.  The RUSA points.  Go Japan!  Go Slovenia.  France gets quite the boost in points on those PBP years.
http://rusa.org/points.html
 Bikes can work magic...

No comments:

Post a Comment