|Toro on top of Fannette at Sunset.|
The lake level was much higher this year, and there wasn't much of a beach to speak of. So the kids were bummed about that. But seeing the crayfish trap was pretty cool.
|Nikko at the launch... he's ready to go!|
|Katie Bell used my red kayak for the trip.|
|The kiddos were getting along on the way in.|
|There's a bald eagle up there... I need a better camera for this...|
|I found a log to jump off of...|
|And soon we were registered and signed in.|
|Toro brought some goggles for Kai to use...|
|And we found someone's crayfish trap on the dock. We gotta get one of these next year. Did you know an estimated 300 million of these invasive species live in Tahoe?|
|The Tahoe Lobster Co used to commercially fish these...|
|Nikko & Kai's favorite rock|
|I took Kai out to Fannette on Toro's SUP. Should've brought mine. They just towed theirs behind the canoe. Great idea. Toro +1 point.|
|Toro helping Kai with his #slacklife... Toro +2|
|After dinner we went on a sunset tour of Fannette. We had the whole island to ourselves!|
|Nikko with the photobomb|
|D & Toro...|
|Kai and Katie Bell.|
|The family shot.|
|Next morning... cruised out for a solo morning SUP session. Sooo glassy. Amazing. Gotta bring my 12'6" next year.|
|I do declare...|
|Nikko wanted to go on a boat ride!|
|Hot air balloon...|
|Kai in a big tree...|
|Lower Eagle Falls|
|Katie Bell being a good guardian|
|Check it. There used to be an old resort where the campground is.|
|Kai walking on water|
|The kiddos found the only patch of beach to play in. They didn't want to leave...|
|... back at camp...|
|I got Nikko down for a nap, so I took off for a run!|
|Rooster rock! Much lower jump now.|
|The Rubicon Trail along the shore here is a gem...|
|Back at camp Toro was doing a good job watching the boys...|
|chillin... you can see the amount of beach left here...|
|Kai helping out with dinner makin'|
|tri tip time...|
|The next morning Durbs swam across the lake while boat traffic was minimal and the bay was calm.|
|He aimed for this dead tree... not knowing there was a family of bald eagles on it. A "convocation'?|
|We made our slow paddle back to Rubicon bay and stopped at a few spots to have lunch.|
|So long Emerald Bay! Til next year!|
- Do some climbing?
- Drain the lake looks like a fun one to climb from the canoe... https://www.mountainproject.com/v/110856919
- Some fun boulder problems here too - http://unofficialnetworks.com/2011/06/28/ladder-boulder-dl-bliss-state-park/
- This guidebook looks good... http://www.laketahoebouldering.com/guide/
- Do a different trail run - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/23288385
- Steel wool photography... get some fun pix on Fannette Island night paddle
- Go Cray Fishing in Tahoe...
- Need to make some traps... and bring some chicken liver. Or hot dogs.
- 300 million in Tahoe!
- In California, a fishing license is required to trap crayfish, but not in Nevada. There is no catch limit
- go on a full moon
- bring binoculars
- get friends with a boat to come join?
- no room for kite flying, spike balling... we should play cups.