Friday, February 2, 2018

Ice Skating in Tahoe!



We went up to Tahoe for new year's, which was looking bleak (snow-wise)... but the ice skating was in!  Which I've become pretty stoked about.  Turns out skating on lakes is really fun. 

We stayed with Dave & Danielle for a few nights, then Ksenya & Drew for a few nights, before we could go to Pahatsi as it was rented out.  The Glenshire pond was nicely frozen over and the folks there had even made decent hockey rink. 

I've gotta make some ice claws... 

After coaching the boys at Buddy Werner... I got home, borrowed one of the girl's bikes and Kai biked to the pond.  I was behind him running with ice skates in my backpack.



Cruisin' home...
Jan 2nd
And the next morning, we were back!  And it was SUNNY!






Jan 3rd
I actually got up early with Drew and went up Tamarack peak, which was quite enjoyable... but forgot my phone, hence no pics.  

When I got back, this was the scene at Ksenya and Drew's hot tub.  
Soon, the boys were carrying their own skates to the pond... 
And Kai was getting quite good!  But the ice was getting thinner... so I told him to stay close. 
Nikko was doing pretty good too!
Spider Man on Ice!

Ended up at the Truckee Indoor Pool for a three sport day.  
Check out the Truckee Tahoe Ice Skating FB Group for good beta.
https://gearjunkie.com/alpine-high-country-ice-skating

Wild Ice - Backcountry Skating Alaska from Paxson Woelber on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment