Thursday, August 2, 2018

Race Report: Skyline to the Sea Marathon


Another fun race in the books!  Was waivering on this one, but was stoked to make it happen.  Skyline to the Sea trail has been on my list forever... so this was a good excuse to finally complete the fabled trail.  I came in 5th overall, behind 2 ladies, so I actually podium-ed... but there was no podium, so pseudo-podium-ed my first race.  That was cool.  

Josh, Sam, and I were planning to figure out how to camp with my family up at Little Basin, but since the shuttle is only in the morning... it turned out to be horrible planning on my part.  We gave our site away to one of Kim's co-workers and we ended up crashing with Aaron Hope, who did the 50k.  

Turned into a "dudes trip" and we arrived at Costanoa, sunny, stoked, and ready to play.
Josh showing off his balance...
Sam... a man you can count on for BYO-Grillables...
Next morning... the heinous logistics began.  We had to arrive for the shuttle at 6 am... for a 9 am race.  
Didn't take any pics during the race.  But it was beautiful in there.  And HOT... thank you redwood trees for the cover.!!!
Loved this guy.  He took no water!  I drank both bottles between stops.  
Salty eyes from the sweat and pain...
Nice tan!


On the way back, we had to stop in San Jose as the cabin mates got us a new (used) canoe after our mishap on the Estero Americano.  Thanx Sam for entertaining the detour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment