Monday, January 21, 2019

K.O.-ed


Something I do think I'm invincible... and I get carried away thinking I'm in a video game just bouncing from one obstacle to another with no thought toward any kind of possible consequence...

And it's probably a good thing I don't remember anything about this... but boy this sure looks scary now that I'm looking at pics of it from 2.5 months ago.  Early one Tues morning, I donned on my brand new kit and met up with c510 crew for the Tues Tunnel loop... and on the first 50 ft from the meet up spot I slipped on something and I was over the handlebars and on the ground.  I was with a big crew, this happened early on in the ride, and was with a doc... quite thankful for these facts.   


not gonna enlarge some of these pics... here's how Kimbo found me at Highland hospital. They took some X-rays, catscans, etc... and found a broken rib... from a month ago.  This injury was quite weird and it never hurt.  I was kinda surprised myself, but the nurses were shocked.  
Not sure how, but my fitbit was destroyed!

The first two days back I slept for 14+ hours.  My bell got clanged... 
here's my blood spot 2 days later... 
EBMUD was working on that sewer lateral down there and my front tire hit something... 
1 mo later
2 mo later... 

No comments:

Post a Comment