Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Moving to A-town: part 1 - the truck... and Shasta with B!



Wrapping up a few things in Oakland.  Moving truck, Nikko flying to Alabama, graduating from AIM, and moving into the Hoefts... 

Nikko preparing for his first solo flight to Atlanta. 
Nikko at AIM graduation with his favorite teacher.
And Nikko made it to Atlanta!  Huzzah!  Kai went to the pick up.  

Meanwhile... I rode my bike to pick up the van, had some awesome helpers load the van (as the guys I got off CL ghosted me)... thanks Alexis, Toro, Kevin, etc... ! Drove up to Ashland, unloaded the van, and drove back down to Shasta with B (who helped me unload).  
Check out this huge slide debris!

B introducing me to more gear.  Skeats!  I promptly purchased a pair after this trip.  
Our first destination in sight!  Shastina




Looking up to Shasta with the Whitney Glacier in front.  Our eventual climbing route.... and a bit of the descent too
Summit shot!
B hooking it up with the hummus, cheese, green bean wrap!






Looking back down at Shastina and Angel Wings, our descent to the right.

Glacier travel... in shorts


Check out Cody & Co's episode of the Fifty project of Avy Gulch.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM2-j3BGUOg


starting our descent

took a chute down to Whitney Glacier.  A route I've never taken before.  

back at the truck!  What an adventure.  Til our next adventure crosses paths!  B heading back to MT, I'm on my way back to return the car.  I was tired, but just decided to caffinate and trudge on

next morning, I was back on the road, staring at some c510 jerseys...
Then dropped off the Hoefts at the airport while we house sit.



No comments:

Post a Comment