Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekly Pano: Cycling Oakland to San Jose

After about 90 min of riding in the dark.  Some nice color in the clouds...
I try to take full advantage when the grandparents are in town.  So on this day... we had decided to go visit James & Courtney who just moved down too San Jose.  We were going to meet up with them around 11... so I decided to leave at 5 am and bike.  I've been wanting to check out Alum Rock park, and the surrounding trails for a possible Hamilton Gravel Ginder Century ride... with about 20 miles on dirt if you go through Del Valle too.  The weather forecast called for another beautiful clear day, and the ride was gorgeous... until I got into San Jose.  Riding on 8 lane roads with stop lights every 1/4 mile is not that fun....

some cool peaks near Calaveras Reservoir.
it actually didn't look that low...
wild turkey encounters...
at Alum Rock State Park... or might have been Sierra Vista Open Space.  BTW, Alum Rock is closed one day a week... which is stupid.  Why would trails ever be closed?  
you can see San Jose... 
Perfect trail for my X-bike... too bad I wasn't riding my X-bike...

successful creek crossing.
bovine-ly terraced hills

No comments:

Post a Comment