Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Yosemite: Running up Half Dome and Clouds Rest

"I run because it always takes me where I want to go." - Dean Karnanzas



Had another amazing trip to my favorite place.  Yosemite!  Sam, Rob, Seth and I were very keen on getting a trail run in, so we booked up a campsite a few months ago and made a great weekend out of it.  


We went on a run/ride from camp to Mirror Lake on Day 1.  





Cool rays egh?  

See those spider web type things?  We couldn't figure it out, but we saw it all day when the sun was behind something like this... really cool.  



Nikko ready to boulder!










Next morning... we got an early start...
We wanted sunrise on top of half dome.  There were 2 guys ahead of us.


















Ice on Clouds rest.












Afterwards, we hung out at Swinging Bridge.  Amazing how much the sun affects the temps.  Back at camp, we were all wearing down jackets... and now... shorts.  
100k!



Stopped at a nice Vietnamese place on the way home.  mmmm

It's been a while... so I figure I can post this.  Crazy folks from the top of Half Dome:



No comments:

Post a Comment