Tuesday, April 23, 2019

B-day Tallac Tour with Sam and Miley



My employer give everyone a day off for their birthday.  Personally, I think it's a great policy and everyone should copy it. 

So for my 39th b-day this year, I headed up to the mountains for a day trip with Sam and met up with Miley for a tour de Tallac. 



Nice sunrise!
Cool clouds... 
This was the second day of BC this season.  The first day was on Round Top with Sam and Sena.  Man, I sure love BC skiing.  
There were patterns like this in Dec when we did Round Top... kudos to whoever did this.  
Can you see the pattern?
Cool clouds
Gorgeous!
not a bad place to spend your day... 
Nick checking out the back chutes of Tallac and Kalmia Ridge

Can you spot Nick?  (he's hucking...)


more beta shots
never get sick of this view...
After dropping a few lines, we slowly made our way to Tallac.  
We started at Emerald Bay, giving us a chance to explore the zone behind Tallac.  
Fallen Angel, Halls of the Gods, and a partially frozen lake... 
The crystal range
Decided this one was a bit too spicy for me this early in the season.  Plus the bump at the end would probably send me into a ragdoll.  
Those were fun turns.  The vid is in the IG post below.  
I'd like to do these chutes one day... 
Great light...
This is what the cross looks like early season.  









A post shared by Yu Kuwabara (@snowymonk) on

No comments:

Post a Comment