Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Castle with Sam and Scott - BC day 3

Summit shot
Had a great weekend (but I'll highlight Sun here) in Tahoe.  Dawn patrolled up Castle's shoulder with Sam and Scott from the rest area, got back by 9 am, skate skied to Sugar Bowl, and proceeded to stomp a few front flips at Sugar Bowl while skiing with the Nickelsens and Dufours.  After skiing we stopped in at the old train tunnels and I capped off this amazing day by registering for PBP this Aug on our drive home!

Love the start to this tour...
Awesome sunrise.

Scott was up for the day and he kept on touring the rest of the day.

E face of Castle looks nothing like what you usually see
Sam = Stoked
The turns down were... bone jarring
but at least it was pretty


After getting home, getting the boys ready I got on my skate skis and met the fam at the drop off.  And soon I was changing into my Tele gear and shredding the mountain with the kiddos.  
Huzzah!
Very aggressive tuck there Nikko... 
beautiful day, sunny, good company, thumbs up!
On the way home we stopped by the old tunnels.  
The kids had fun throwing rocks at the icicles.
Kai showing off his broken off icicle like a prized bass


The kids still had energy, so we let them play outside for a while longer...
and I'm set! PBP here I come!
Some more pics from the weekend... Jan = I catch lots of sunrises. From skate skiing on Sat morning
It was nice to get out with Alexis as I usually skate ski solo.


Might be the toughest skate ski descent conditions all year



No comments:

Post a Comment