Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Hut to Hut in the Alps - Part 2: Ref du Bois -> Plaisance



So the original itinerary went...
  1. Champany le Haut
  2. Ref du Bois
  3. Ref Col du Palet
  4. Ref de la Leisse
  5. Ref du Col de la Vanoise
  6. to Pralognan la Vanoise....
But on day 2, I had difficulty reading the map that was given to me, as it was highlighted in multiple colors, etc... and mainly as I messed up, we ended up at the wrong hut.  Instead of Ref Palet... we ended up at Ref Plaisance.... woops.  We made a modified route, which was still quite exciting, but didn't get to cover much ground.  I'd like to go back to the alps and do a longer route in the future... 


Went on a morning run up to Pointe de la Veliere, where the "patou" the guarding dogs were quite intimidating... those things were huge!




Patous... one approached... then another, and soon there were 5.  These guys started barking at me when they were a few miles away.  I suddenly understood what a sheep feels like.  
Avy control
Summit selfie
Amazing huts everywhere





Fun ashtrays...











Not a good sign when you are with a Ane... a donkey


Watch out for the dangerous chickens

There was quite a bit of confusion after we first arrived as they weren't expecting us.  And were near capacity.  
No power at this one.  But was our favorite.  By the time we realized we're at the wrong hut... it was too late to get to the correct one.  
But we weren't complaining...
with bedrooms like this...
and a view like this... 
The toilet was fun
Anyway, we drank our sorrows away.  
I felt truly dumb here... 
Molkky!

This lentil soup here was amazing.  
It'd be my dream for the boys to grow up and be hut caretakers in the alps for a few years.  I know... lofty dreams.  

No comments:

Post a Comment