Saturday, August 17, 2019

Ligue 1: in Lyon!



After getting on the train from Vanoise NP, we headed right for Lyon.  As we had tickets to a Ligue 1 game!!!  When I travel internationally, I like to:
  • get my haircut
  • eat the local food
  • learn as much of the language as possible
  • and go to a soccer game


The train back to Lyon was quite packed...

Learning French... 


This was a fun play structure...


Check out this "panini"...



The Lyon stadium is a bit out of town, which was a bit of a bummer.  But this is where the folks like to "tailgate"


Tight security



I guess they still managed to sneak in a few flares.



Lots of "buts" in this game

Late game...

What a pumpkin!

The next day, after we let the boys sleep in, we explored the town...


And it's an amazing place.  I could see happily living here ever after.  Great soccer team, access to the mountains, outdoor dining, two rivers, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment