Thursday, March 8, 2018

Tired Legs (Jan 25-27, 2018)

My 3rd weekend up to Tahoe this season.

Mainly my legs... and lower back in Tahoe... might be too much... we'll see

Thurs
Started off with a nice solo 10 miler on Thurs... then we cruised up to Tahoe that night.  Kai had a teacher inservice day at Crocker...


Nikko did this puzzle all by himself!
Friday
The next morning I put on my EHPs and "skated" to the chair to get 3rd chair up Lincoln... not bad.  Very scenic. 



Then I slayed pow pow with Metres and his buddy Eric? until Kim brought the boys over around 11 am.  Then we skied with them all day...

Then I skate skied home, for my first skate ski of the year.  Went up to Lincoln, which was quite the long way... now I know.  The boys were in the hot tub by the time I got back...



So stoked to be able to skate ski home.
Sat
Met up with Jack and Metres at Boreal so we could dawn patrol up Andesite.  Fun times... hippy turns... lots of smiles.


Monkey face

Castle in the clouds...


Dave likes to huck
especially in these kinds of conditions
Abies magnifica (the Red Fir) - Dave schooled us in some botany

After getting home, I skied Sugar Bowl all day with Kai and Nikko.  They did a great job... Kai collided with a snowboarder, ran into a tree (and got lost)... and once both kids went down at the same time so Nikko was crying for a while.  But all is well...


The familie liftie selfie
Screen time...
Oh Dres....
After a few beers with the crew, (10 humans were staying with Metres), I skate skied home (taking the long way up to Lincoln again...) for a beautiful sunset skate.

Love the bonus skate.



Sun
Woke up at 6 am, and went skate skiing until 8:30.  The snow was perfect, didn't see another soul, just a coyote.  Perfect way to wake up.


Frozen Serene Lakes
Misty morning hop
Misty meadow
Brocken Spectre
After dropping Kai, Camille, and Thomas off at Buddy Werner (at Soda Springs), Alexis and I went to SB, where we skied all day.  Probably the best day of the season, just due to the length of skiing solo.  The snow got warm and manky, but still tons of fun.

Alexis after his 2nd or 3rd crash down the same chute...
At Buddy Werner
More screen time
Turned out Kai won his race!



No comments:

Post a Comment